Monday, September 10, 2007

Know When to Fold...

I'm not particularly patient, but I am persistent - but you have to know when to cut your losses, fold, give up on a bankrupt idea... such as the idea I had about snapping an articulated bus as it rounds a corner -front and rear tires at the frame lines - ensnarling a pedestrian waiting at the curb. Something I blogged about wanting to do way back in January. The problems are manifold.
First, you have to catch two moving objects -that you have no control over- at a precise time and place. Second, to make the pic I had in mind , the bus would have to practically jackknife in order to fit a 1:1.5 aspect ratio. And third, it wouldn't really be that interesting of a pic anyway.

Another jackass idea I had was a roll-your-own custom camera bag. Nothing quite like walking around town with a $7 beer bag slung over your shoulder to attract the ladies. I finally chumped off and bought a $32. Tamrac Explorer 1. Great little bag. Sometimes all it takes to do the right thing is to stop doing the wrong thing.

No comments: