Wednesday, August 15, 2007

DRESS FOR LESS stress

First - the shoes. Doc Martens all the way, baby... easy on the feet and since I go for a "conventioneer" look just enough behind the style curve for a three-day-Marriott-staying- Avis- renting-Widget Supply Wholesaler, to be wearing.
The conventioneer can go places where the "working man" would look out of place...

The "tourist" too, has limits on where he can go without attracting attention.. But the "conventioneer" - can go anywhere, he has the keys to the city..

He's friggin INVISIBLE!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I always wondered what you looked like (is that SP forum icon you? Thought not). So... you're invisible?

bONGO said...

Hey Dan - I'm not quite invisible, more like translucent..

The avatar I use on the SP forum is actually of a guy that lives in a local shelter and sells a homeless advocacy newspaper on the street.

I think there is a tendency for photogs to wear Ninja or Safari Bwana outfits and while playing dress-up might be a lot of fun, it's prolly not the best look for SP. And if you really are a Nija or Safari Bwana it's STILL not a good idea... when in Rome...

Anonymous said...

When I first joined the SP forum, I assumed that everyone's avatars were photos of them - so I thought that JB was a pucker-faced hoodlum with a gun (I wasn't familiar with that William Klein photo at the time), you were some kind of Asian-American street pirate with a bit of a Bill Laswell look going on, and Noll was, if I remember rightly, a morbidly obese old woman. It's funny that, even long after I've realised those aren't photos of you, I still feel as though, on some level, they are.